It’s Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas . . . .
To share the Good News of God’s love and salvation as a Missionary. This is the opportunity offered by the Missionary Childhood Association [MCA]. During Advent, young people can learn about their brothers and sisters in Mission countries – children just like them in many ways, but living in different circumstances. From short Advent prayer services to activities to celebrate the Epiphany, help your students discover through prayers and sacrifice how to make a difference for their Mission Family.
Advent Calendar for Missionary Children–a one-page calendar in English with a daily Advent activity to do. Click here for the MCA Advent Christmas 2016 Family Packet , including the calendar and prayers for Advent and Epiphany.
Click here for an MCA Advent Wreath Prayer Service for home or classroom.
- Brenna Finan, St. Francis of Assisi School, Springfield
- Isabella Martell, Holy Family Regional Catholic School, Levittown
- Dominique Chojnacki-Silva, St. Laurentius School, Philadelphia
- Charlotte McDonald, St. Francis of Assisi School, Springfield
- Dominicio Cucarese, Holy Trinity Catholic School, Morrisville
- Madison McGough, Maternity B.V.M. School, Philadelphia
- Alanah Torres, St. Peter the Apostle School, Philadelphia
- Christian Esposito, St. Monica School, Philadelphia
- Fedora Cherelus, Saint William Parish, Haitian Community, Philadelphia
- Juliana Fratantuono, St. Monica School, Philadelphia
- Tommy Mastroianni, Regina Coeli Academy, Abington
These students will be recognized at the Archdiocesan Celebration of World Mission Sunday on October 22, 2017. Their artwork will be displayed in the lobby of the Archdiocesan Pastoral Center in Philadelphia during Advent and be a part of the Missions office 2017 Christmas Card design sent to all who have helped support our Missionaries in 1,108 Dioceses.